Grover Dental Basketball League
The Grover Dental Basketball League is a co-ed house league for athletes in grades 5-7. Skill development and fun are the main goals for players in this league.
Athletes have one practice a week, on a weekday evening, and a minimum of one game a week on Sunday afternoons. The schedule is designed to minimize conflicts with school basketball allowing athletes to participate in both programs concurrently.
Team practices will be at the same time and location each week, with the details dependent on which team you have been assigned to. We do have some flexibility to assign athletes to a team that practices on a certain night of the week if your child has other extra-curricular activity conflicts. Each team will maximize individual feedback and learning at practices and games.
Games operate on an equal playing time basis and have modified rules in order to reward skill development over physical size and strength.
The details for our current session are:
- Athletes in grades 5-7 are eligible, no prior basketball experience is required
- Runs November 21, 2016 – March 12, 2017
- All games are at the South Ridge YMCA on Sunday afternoons.
- Cost is $280 for League participation only and includes a game jersey to keep.
- Discounted prices are offered for concurrent registration with our Edge Jr High Prep Camps ($325 for both the Prep Camp and GDBL) or our MY Basketball Program ($370 for both the MY Basketball Program and the GDBL).
Advance registration is required. Sessions fill up every year. Register early to guarantee your spot! All programs are eligible for Kidsport and Jumpstart subsidies.
U15 Girls Swish 'n Dish Tournament & U13 Girls Queens of the Court Tournament
We are constantly striving to make our tournament the most exciting, unique, organized and competitively appropriate tournament you will attend all season!
Register early as we fill up quickly!