Med Hat Minor Basketball League
Covid Update - The Medicine Hat Minor Basketball League will be running this winter, subject to any changes in government rules that require us to stop. We may need to limit the number of participants so register early to guarantee your spot!
The Medicine Hat Minor Basketball League is a co-ed house league for athletes in grades 5-7. Skill development and fun are the main goals for players in this league.
Athletes have one practice a week, on a weekday evening, and a minimum of one game a week on Sunday afternoons.
Team practices will be at the same time and location each week, with the details dependent on which team you have been assigned to. We do have some flexibility to assign athletes to a team that practices on a certain night of the week if your child has other extra-curricular activity conflicts. Each team will maximize individual feedback and learning at practices and games.
Games operate on an equal playing time basis and have modified rules in order to reward skill development over physical size and strength.
The details for our current session are:
- Athletes in grades 5-7 are eligible, no prior basketball experience is required
- Runs November 23, 2020 – February 28, 2021
- All games are at the South Ridge YMCA on Sunday afternoons.
- Cost is $295 for League participation only and includes a game jersey to keep.
- Discounted prices are offered for concurrent registration with our Edge Jr High Prep Camps ($340 for both the Prep Camp and Medicine Hat Minor Basketball League) or our MY Basketball Program ($395 for both the MY Basketball Program and the Medicine Hat Minor Basketball League).
Advance registration is required. Sessions fill up every year. Register early to guarantee your spot! All programs are eligible for Kidsport and Jumpstart subsidies.